WhatsApp has become a daily necessity to all of us. It is the most used and free messenger App through which we can send and receive pictures, videos, files. We can also do a voice or video call all of this free of charge with just a Wi-Fi or internet connection. WhatsApp is a available on all platforms like Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows devices and Nokia.
But if you’re tired of using WhatsApp on your phone or if your work files and folders come on WhatsApp and you need to transfer them every time then you’ll be happy with this article. While some of you may already know but for all, you can use WhatsApp on your laptop or PC also. This is really a helpful feature for many of us as even GBWhatsApp has become a part of our professional life now so using it on PC or laptop would make things easier. Also, if in case your smart phone is not working you can use it on PC if you’ve already logged in.
There are two ways by which you can use WhatsApp on PC or your laptop on web and on desktop by downloading. We’ll tell you about both of them one-by-one so that you can understand what are they and how do they work. First we’ll tell you the difference between both of them.
Difference Between WhatsApp Web And WhatsApp Desktop Client
They both are very much similar but then what exactly is the difference? The desktop client has added features in comparison to the web version but the web client is also very much mobile. The WhatsApp web client feature is very to use. You just have to go to a link on any computer and scan code. We’ll explain all about this later. All your messages will appear similar to your phone and you can send all the files from your PC too.
While in the desktop client you’ll get to use keyboard shortcuts during the chat and it’s just like any other program which you install in your computer. You don’t have to go to the web every time to open WhatsApp because you’ll already have that downloaded.
How To Use WhatsApp On PC [Using WhatsApp Web]
First of all you need to have WhatsApp on your smart phone. If you don’t already have that download it from Play Store or App Store or just click here.
This will require going to the internet browser every time you want to use WhatsApp and opening the link. Here are the steps.
- Go to this WhatsApp Web on your computer or laptop. The WhatsApp web page will open as shown in the screenshot below.
- The web client will show a huge QR code as you can see in the image.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone. Go to Settings –>WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Choose scan QR code and hold your phone so that the camera points to the QR code on PC or laptop.
- The code will be scanned automatically and WhatsApp web client will open. It will look just like your phone and all your messages will appear.
How to use WhatsApp on PC Using WhatsApp Desktop App
If you want to download WhatsApp on your PC or laptop then the steps are:
- Visit this Official link of WhatsApp to download it for your device. Only Select the link which is compatible with your device’s operating system.
- There are two different links for Windows and Mac ( If you have an Apple laptop). You can see in the screenshot below. When you’ll choose your link, it’ll start downloading automatically.
- The WhatsApp Setup file.exe for Windows is of 133 MB and will take time to download depending upon your speed.
- After the file has downloaded, visit your downloads folder and you’ll find the WhatsApp setup file there. It is already installed. If not, click on it and install it.
- Open the App which looks just like in your phone and you’ll see a screen with a big QR code.
- In your phone, go to Settings –> WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Choose Scan QR code and point phone towards the code in the PC or laptop. The code will get scanned and WhatsApp will open automatically.
- All your messages will appear. Now you can use WhatsApp on your PC freely.
So, this was all about how you could use WhatsApp on PC. We told you two different ways to use it. But you know, you can send pictures, videos and files from your PC or laptop to others also using WhatsApp desktop version and web client version. It is really a useful feature.
Also, if your PC or laptop has a webcam you can click and send photos via chat similar to phone. And one more feature is the Voice Recorded messages. You can record and send messages from your PC or laptop also.
This is a really useful and convenient feature to use our favourite messaging app on our PCs and laptops and help us to chat comfortably using keyboards. But as for some limitations, many features of mobile are still not available on the desktop. They are first you can’t share a location or a map in your PC or laptop unlike your phones where you can even share your live location. And second is you won’t have the option to invite and add people from your address book to join WhatsApp.
One important thing is that this feature works only when you have your phone in handy and there is a proper Wi-Fi or internet connection on your phone. And it is better to connect to Wi-Fi to save data charges. And also you can’t open both the desktop client and the web app at the same time. Either will close as soon as you open the other. So, we hope this article was helpful to you in understanding about how to use WhatsApp on PC with all the links and screenshots we have provided. Stay tuned for more such articles to help you with all the technical stuff. Stay tuned at apktrendz for more cool tips & tricks like these.
Latest posts by Anjali Sharma (see all)
- Top 10 Trendy Apps to Use with Your Girlfriend - March 29, 2019
- WhatsApp Plus Apk 6.70 Latest Version Download For Android - January 23, 2019
- GBWhatsApp Apk Latest Version 6.70 Download For Android - January 21, 2019